Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year- 2013 Goals

Happy New Year!  It has been a fairly quiet day in the Fry household.  Unless of course you count our children.  They are always rowdy and well, loud.  But other than that, not much has occurred.  I am starting this blog today because it is one of my New Year's resolutions.  I started another blog a few years ago , the Urge to Organize, and I have not been able to write in it like I really want to.  Part of that reason is that my life changed so drastically about a year and a half ago when we moved from Asuncion, Paraguay to the United States.  It was originally about my life in Paraguay.  And I was also not able to write in it like I wanted to because when we left Paraguay, for the good part of a year, I was so totally overwhelmed by every day life.  I just could not find the extra energy to sit down and write every day, or even very many days at all.  I am somewhat of a perfectionist.  So to me, not successfully writing every day crippled me.  I just stopped writing at all.  I attempted to get restarted in June of last year....and failed.  So, I finally have a new direction and a new resolution. I am starting this blog, which is just about my little family. Probably the only people who will ever want to read it are my closest friends, my closest family members, my children's grandmothers and hopefully one day- my children.  I have such a desire to blog so that someday my children can read all about their lives growing up.  And one day when their father and I can no longer be with them- they will forever have a piece of us with them- our thoughts, our lives and some fabulous memories.  My other blog, the Urge to Organize, will become my "extra stuff" blog.  I am slightly obsessed with organizing and do lots of things in my house and with my kids to keep us "better organized".  I hope to use that blog to share those things with others.  And who knows who might want to read it!  Maybe no one!  But at least I will have the pleasure of writing it.

My goals for 2013 are:

To spend time with God:  reading through the Bible in a year with the "Lookout Bible Reading Plan" and spending more time in prayer.

To spend time with my Family: being less task-oriented and more relationship oriented (this one is by far going to be my biggest challenge!)

To spend time blogging: writing entries in both of my blogs at least weekly.



I have a tendency to over plan and over-fill my to-do list.  I struggled to keep my list to only three goals.  However, I need to keep it simple so I can stick to it.  So, here is to a very happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment