Friday, March 15, 2013

Gulf Coast Getaway- Our family and 4 Brave Young Adults

In January, our family and four young adults from our congregation traveled to Panama City, FL to attend Gulf Coast Getaway to learn about missions opportunities, check out the conference, have worship time with people their age and of course, hang out at the beach.  Gulf Coast Getaway is a conference of college ministries from throughout the Southeastern U.S. You can find out more information about them here: gulfcoastgetaway.org.   

The journey took us 10 hours each way and I was very impressed with these four brave souls who found this conference worthwhile enough to endure that much time enclosed in a small space with our entire family!  And I am quite certain that the lure of the beach helped persuade them to travel with us :)
The brave beauties!


The brave girl and even braver hubby (he took this trip with a lot of women!)

Sweetness!


The girls looking beautiful!



While we were there, I took advantage of the beautiful scenery and we did a little photo shoot with the kids in their Valentine's outfits that Bonnie and I made for them!  Since right before the sun was setting they all went and jumped in the pool, I had to work with wet hair!  But, I got some pretty neat shots of them just being kids and I loved it!












I also took pictures of things that I could use as headers on my blogs or in crafts or pictures to decorate the house:)  




And as I said before, we spent a lot of time just playing :

I think I could get used to waking up to this view every morning!

I am amazed at how mature this young lady is looking (and sometimes acting)!  

And Olivia never allows us to get bored.  She is full of life, energy and a fiery little personality!

It was a great trip!  And although I don't have any pictures, the conference was wonderful and the Sunday morning worship service was so uplifting!  


No comments:

Post a Comment